To qualify for Barnard College CSTEP students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be a New York State resident.
*When filling out an application, if you are not a New York State Resident, please indicate your State of residence (Please note: Only a limited number of non-New York residents can be accepted into the program).
- Be a member of a historically underrepresented group as per New York State Legislation: African American, Latino, Native American and/or Alaskan Native.
*Caucasian/White and Asian/Pacific Islander who are economically disadvantaged and meet CSTEP specific criteria are also eligible.
- Be entering my sophomore year or junior year at Barnard College.
- Have a G.P.A. 2.85 or above, and
- Have an interest in a career in education, health, law, mathematics, social work or technology fields or New York State Licensed Professions.