To set up your Blackberry to handle your gBear email, please follow these steps:
- Go to the mail app, and select the option to create a new account.
- Enter your full Barnard email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your Barnard account password.
- The Blackberry should automatically find Google's mail servers. If for some reason it does not, you can select "I will provide the settings for this email account"; enter your email address and password where requested, and then for email server, enter imap.gmail.com.
- Your email should now be configured!
Configuring Calendar & Contacts
To set up your Blackberry to view your gBear calendar and synchronize your gBear contacts, please follow Google's instructions for the Google Mobile Sync app.
Note: Blackberry mobile phones have an issue in which the devices will sometimes stop syncing data with Google Apps accounts when the device either loses connection or goes into standby. To reinitialize the connection, go to the Google Sync app, which may have an angry exclamation point superimposed; you will need to re-enter your password, and then it should start syncing again.