ALUMNAE-TO-STUDENT MENTORING PROGRAM
Alumnae-to-Student Mentoring matches current students with alumnae for ongoing mentoring throughout the academic year. Outside of being matched with an alumna in the NY area, students take part in trainings, events with impressive speakers and dynamic topics, and ongoing networking with all program participants. Each mentored student will have the chance to see inside an industry or organization through the eyes of an alumna who knows it best. With that insight, along with feedback, guidance and support from their mentors, students will be able to envision themselves as emerging professionals.
Barnard Career Development is looking for motivated students who are eager to take an active role in their career preparation.
Applicants will be selected based on the following qualifications:
- Current sophomore, junior or senior
- Strong resume
- Strong essays provided in *application
- Demonstrated interest in working with a mentor
- Commitment to a full year program, with required attendance at trainings and events
PROGRAM DATES, APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINES: Applications will be accepted for the 2016-2017 year starting in May 2016. Questions, please contact Talia Schatz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful completion of the program includes but is not limited to:
- Attending a mandatory training.
- Attending the kick-off Brunch.
- Attending a series of ongoing program events.
- Keeping in touch with your assigned mentor via regular check-ins.
- Adhering to all instructions and deadlines associated with the program.
- Maintaining professionalism and courtesy in interactions with your mentor and other program participants.
Mentor Training Manual
Mentee Training Manual
QUESTIONS: Please contact Talia Schatz at 212-854-2033 or at email@example.com