Fashion at Barnard
Fashion at Barnard is an excellent opportunity for students to strengthen their knowledge of the fashion business, gain confidence, network and get ahead of the application and interview process. Fashion at Barnard in partnership with the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund is a one day program specifically for Barnard students with a range of diverse backgrounds, academic majors and work experiences. No prior experience in fashion is required, only curiosity to learn about the sector.
Fashion at Barnard will:
- Provide you with a better understanding of various fashion careers
- Introduce tips and skills to improve applications for internships,
scholarships, and applications
- Contribute to an understanding of your personal strengths
- Present the opportunity to learn directly from fashion professionals
Application Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Be a current Barnard First Year, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior graduating in Spring 2017 or Summer 2017
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please note: an overall GPA of 2.99 is not eligible.
- Upload a finalized 2017 YMA-FSF Case Study to Slide Room by
Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- If awarded a YMA-FSF Scholarship, recipients are strongly advided to participate in a summer internship, unless there are extenuating circumbstances documenteds with a letter of explanation.
Program Dates and Application Deadlines
Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Selected Students Notified: Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Topical Overview and Agenda
- Keynote Presentation: Prof. Robin Sackin, Chairperson,
Fashion Merchandising Management, FIT
- Alumnae Panel
- Lunch Presentation: HR Panel
- Resume Workshop
- YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund Information Session
Presented by: Marc Mastronardi, EVP, GMM, Center Core, Macys
- Intern Panel
- Informal Networking
Successful completion of the program includes but is not limited to:
- Attend Fashion at Barnard from 9:00am to 4:30pm on
Friday, September 23, 2016. More details to come . . .
- Adhere to all instructions and deadlines associated with the program
- Be prompt for onsite and offsite programs
- Maintain professionalism in my interactions with speakers,
BCD staff, and peers
- Keep an updated and accurate profile and upload resume and other materials to NACElink
- Respond to post-program surveys and follow-up
Questions? Please contact Donna Holder, Career Development at: firstname.lastname@example.org