Graduate School Advising

Graduate school counseling is usually done by the appropriate undergraduate department. Dean Friedman can give some general advice, however, including information on application procedures, deadlines, the need for GRE's, etc. If you are unsure about the kind of postgraduate training you might need for a particular career, make an appointment to see a counselor in the Office of Career Development. If GRE examinations are needed by the schools to which you are applying, the recommended time for taking those by is November 1. The December GRE date is possible, but it comes close to the time of final exams and the due dates for papers. (Visit for further details.)