Activating your Barnard Login
Logins for the class of 2019 should be active by the end of May 2015. All incoming first year and transfer/visiting students will be able to get their login/password about two weeks after sending their reply card and deposit to Barnard. If you are having problems accessing your login information, please follow our troubleshooting tips. If your problem is not resolved after following these tips, please contact us.
To activate your account:
- Find your 7-digit Barnard System ID Number (which you received via email from Registrar).
- Navigate to Access Your Initial Login and Password and enter your ID Number and date of birth.
- After entering the information, click on the Submit button.
- This page will be available for a limited time only, so activate your Barnard account as soon as possible. If account activation is successful, you will receive your Barnard username (e.g. ab1234 - this is also the same as your Columbia UNI) and a temporary password.
- This username and password is for you to access the myBarnard portal as well as your Barnard email account (e.g. email@example.com), which is called gBear. However, since this is a temporary password you should login to the myBarnard portal and change your password by going to the "Student Services" tab, clicking on the "Change Email Password" link under "myTechTools" on the left navigation bar.
- Once you have successfully changed your password, you MUST log into the myBarnard portal with your new password to authenticate your new password to your account. You can then setup your “Password Self-Service” security questions so that you can reset your password in the future on your own if necessary. This is also located in the "Student Services" tab under the "myTechTools" section on the left navigation bar.