Student Life offers a holistic approach to foster a respectful and inclusive community on campus, as well as opportunities for students to explore identities and develop leadership skills. Valuing the development of all students, we provide cocurricular workshops, dialogues, community spaces, and resources to promote self knowledge and growth within a larger community and social context. We work alongside students to empower them as leaders, critical thinkers, community builders, and social change agents.
We carry this out through:
● Spaces for identity exploration and community building
● Leadership development opportunities
● Advisement and support for identity based and preprofessional student clubs and organizations
● Multicultural and social justice education
● Student support and advocacy
● Serving as a resource for the greater Barnard community at large