Barnard College is pleased to offer students the opportunity to participate in a domestic exchange program with prominent historically black colleges and universities, Howard University and Spelman College. The program offers students the opportunity to undergo a semester or year-long course of study. This exchange has aided in forming an alliance between these institutions as a means of providing students with a truly enriching and intellectually stimulating experience.
- Student must currently be enrolled in Columbia College, SEAS, or Barnard College.
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Student must have at least sophomore (SEAS students only) or junior class standing (Columbia College and Barnard Students).
- Student must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
Application Process and Deadlines
- Students must meet with Home Institution Program Coordinator to pick up application.
- Completed applications should be submitted to the student’s home institution by the appropriate deadline.
- Howard University: Applications are due by March 24th for Fall Semester.
- Spelman College: Applications are due by March 24th for both Fall and Spring semesters.
- Applications will be reviewed by a joint Columbia University-Barnard College Committee.
- Approved applications will be forwarded to Howard/Spelman for final decision.
For more information students should contact: Dean Tollinchi-Michel at 212-854-2024 or email@example.com.