A print driver must be installed on your computer before using your departmental Ricoh printer. The Web Base Driver Installer (WBDI) web site has downloadable files for self-installation of print drivers on the computers of faculty and staff. Print drivers are available for Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OS X 10.5 and up.
WBDI page (This web site is only accessible from Barnard buildings.)
Please install the new printer as soon as possible. After testing, you should remove your old Ricoh printer from your printer list.
- Windows users should go to the WBDI site, locate the printer you want to install by Building, Floor and BAR#. Then click on the download link to install the printer for either the 32-bit* or 64-bit* driver, depending on your operating system.
- After installation, you will need to add your User Code in the Valid Access tab under Printer Preferences.
- Go to the Start Menu or Control Panel to find your list of printers and devices.
- Right click on the printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Click on the Valid Access tab and enter the User Code for your department without any spaces or hyphens—numbers only. This is the same User Code that you use to make copies at the Ricoh copier. You cannot print unless this field is filled in with the correct code for your department.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Your print driver is now installed and ready to test. [Do not use the Print Test Page button for this test, as it does not always embed your User Code, leading to failure.]
- Open any document or web page and go to Print [File… Print].
- Select your Ricoh printer from the drop down list and click OK to print the document.
*Unsure of what whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows operating system? For Windows XP, select the 32-bit version of the driver. For Windows 7, simply right-click My Computer, or Computer, from the Start Menu and select Properties. The Operating system type and version will be displayed in the main viewing area of the window that appears. If you have any questions on obtaining this information, please contact the Service Desk at 212-854-7172.
- If you need personal technical support with a printer installation not currently available through the WBDI web site, call the 24-hour Ricoh Help Desk at 800-333-2679. They can walk you through most issues.
- We strongly recommend you also follow the instructions in Ricoh Install Part II—Customization. This will allow you to save and recall Settings (or Presets on Macs) such as two-sided printing, paper size, staple position, etc. without going through a detailed feature selection process.
- The configuration chart below provides Options/Accessory information for each Ricoh MFP on campus, including which machines have USB/SD card slots and 2-3 hole punch units.
- Web Based Driver Installer
- Ricoh Install Part II-Customization
- Configuration chart of Ricoh MFPs