The Advertising Bootcamp is a 2-day program in partnership with Deutsch Inc. that introduces juniors and seniors to the advertising field and its sectors. On Day 1, students will attend a series of in-depth presentations delivered by top professionals in the field. On Day 2, students will attend Deutsch offices, tour the facility, and participate in a case study assignment judged by Deutsch employees.
Students who complete this program will:
• Have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with Deutsch employees
• Have stronger resumes, cover letters and portfolios
• Be able to better identify and differentiate between sectors within advertising
• Gain increased confidence in their job application process
• Have a demonstrated advantage in their full time and/or job search
Barnard Career Development is looking for motivated students who are eager to take an active role in their career preparation.
Applicants will be selected based on the following qualifications:
• Current junior or senior
• A minimum GPA of 3.0
• Demonstrated interest in advertising
• Strong essay
Program Dates, Application Process & Deadlines:
The program requires a firm 2-day commitment on Friday, November 8th, and Friday November 15th exceptions will be made.
In addition, you will be asked to participate in a case study challenge that will be assigned on Day 1. You will also be organized into teams, and will be expected to finish the case in time for the site visit on Day 2. Please do not apply unless you can guarantee your attendance at both. No exceptions will be made.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 30th
Selected Students Notified: Applications are rolling
Waitlisted Students Notified: Friday, November 1st
The 2013 Application Period Has Ended.
Topical Overview and Agenda:
• Understanding the Advertising Business
• Account Management
• Account Planning/Strategy
• Media Planning
• Academic side of Advertising with the School of Visual Arts
Successful completion of the program includes but is not limited to:
1. Attending Day 1 and Day 2 of the program.
2. Be prompt and on time each day of the training.
3. Ask questions and for additional instruction when unsure of the material presented.
4. Adhere to all instructions and deadlines associated with the program.
5. Maintain professionalism in interactions with instructors, employers, BCD staff and peers.
6. Attend Day 2 fully prepared to present you case study presentation to Deutsch staff with
7. Respond to post-program surveys and follow-up.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Rachel Cirelli at 212-854-7729 or firstname.lastname@example.org