On the Open Communicator website you can schedule certain types of appointments, cancel any PCHS appointment, receive secure messages from Primary Care clinicians and Furman counselors, submit certain required forms, and access your immunization records.
Appointments: You may self-schedule four different types of appointment through Open Communicator.
Please note that the PCHS will charge a $25 No Show appointment fee for all appointments which have not been canceled ahead of time.
Appointments can be canceled via phone at 212-854-2091 (during clinic hours) or online via the Open Communicator website in the Appointments Section. Appointments cannot be canceled via voice mail, gBear/personal email or Open Communicator Secure Messaging.
You can cancel any scheduled PCHS appointment via the Open Communicator website in Appointments Section, regardless of whether you made it online, over the phone or in person!
The five types of appointment that can be scheduled through Open Communicator are:
- You can schedule 20 minute Contraceptive Refill (for current, new or restarted prescriptions) appointments during certain weekday mornings.
If you need a refill of a non-contraceptive prescription please come in during our Walk-In Hours or schedule a Medical Visit.
GYN Visit (ex. annual exam, STI screening, on-going menstrual, vaginal or urinary problems)
- You can schedule 40 minute GYN appointments Monday through Thursday in the afternoon.
- If you believe that you have an URGENT GYN issue, please come in during our Walk-In Hours or call us at 212-854-2091.
Medical Visit (Ex. on-going medical issues, referral requests, follow ups)
- You can schedule 30 minute Medical appointments Monday through Thursday in the afternoon.
- If you believe that you have an URGENT medical issue, please come in during our Walk-In Hours or call us at 212-854-2091
Physical Exam and/or Form Completion (ex. forms for study abroad, internships, medical clearances, etc.)
- This is NOT a Travel/Immunization appointment. If you need any immunizations please call 212-854-2091 for information about scheduling an appointment with our Travel Clinic. We recommend that you schedule your Physical Exam/Form Completion appointment for after your Travel/Immunization appointment.
You can schedule 40 minute Physical Exam and/or Form Completion appointments Monday through Thursday in the afternoon.
We suggest that you bring a copy of your most recent vaccination record with you to your Physical Exam and/or Form Completion appointment. Please note that this type of appointment is necessary for any form completion regardless of length of form.
Messages: Receive secure messages from your Primary Care providers. This messaging system should only be used either in response to a message from your provider OR if your provider requests that you message her directly.
It is NOT for: refill requests, referral requests, acute symptoms/complaints, scheduling of appointments.
Forms: Submit certain required health forms.
Immunization Records: Access and print your immunization records.
Please note that the record on the Open Communicator website is not an official immunization record and may not be complete.
If you need an official immunization record, please contact the Primary Care Health Service at 212-854-2091.