The mission of Diversity Initiatives is to promote and support a campus community that embraces its pluralistic identity. We seek to enhance the social and academic experiences of Barnard students by encouraging and empowering them to explore complex issues of social diversity. Through purposeful programming and discourse, we educate and prepare students for success in an increasingly inter-connected global society.
We carry out this mission through:
- Cross-cultural campus programming and Cultural Heritage Month celebrations.
- Advisement and support for culturally themed student clubs and organizations.
- Student support and advocacy.
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Serving as a resource for the greater Barnard community at large.