Our Mission Statement
Welcome to the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program [CSTEP] at Barnard College. Barnard College’s CSTEP provides services that increase recruitment, retention and placement of eligible students in CSTEP-targeted fields and the licensed professions. The program targets the historically under-represented (African American, Latino, Native American and Alaskan Natives) or the financially disadvantaged Barnard student who intends to pursue or shows ability in the STEM fields, health-related fields and/or the licensed professions.
What we offer
- Academic Development and Counseling
- Free Personal or Small Group Tutoring
- Academic Enrichment Workshops
- Paid Internships and Research Opportunities
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Provide financial assistance for specialized preparation courses for standardized examinations (e.g. GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc).
- Career Seminars, Speakers and Networking Opportunities
- Conference Sponsorship [On and Off Campus]
- Enriching Professional/Personal Development Activities [CSTEP Student Conference and Competition, ASEP Academic Showcase]