For faculty and administrative departments, Business Operations provides and supports business-class printer/copiers (multi-function printers, "MFPs") in many locations around campus. For environmental and efficiency reasons, this is the preferred solution for campus printing, and secured printing is available on these devices. If this is not suitable for your office, BCIT recommends appropriately-scoped, networked business printers. We recommend strongly against purchasing consumer-grade personal printers, for reasons of reliability, consistency of support, and cost-effectiveness.
For assistance installing, configuring, or troubleshooting a College-owned printer, please contact the BCIT Service Desk.
For Toshiba printer/copiers (MFPs):
- Toner replacement, jams, or other issues: contact Business Operations
- Printing from your computer: contact the BCIT Service Desk
For network printers:
- Toner replacement: fill out the toner request form in ServiceNow
- Connecting to the printer, jams, or other issues: contact the BCIT Service Desk
- Purchasing a new printer: contact Purchasing
Students and faculty can print to a number of public computing locations around campus, via the Columbia PawPrint printing system. This service includes 100 free black-and-white pages per week (more can be purchased online via the CUIT website). Staff can use the PawPrint system as well, but must purchase pages in advance.
Barnard’s PawPrint printers are in the following locations:
- in the residential lab in 616 W. 116th,
- in the residential lab in Plimpton Hall,
- in the two residential labs in Sulzberger Hall,
- in the lobby of Elliott Hall,
- in the main student computing lab in 307 Diana,
- in the Digital Architecture Lab in 403 Diana (Architecture & Art History departments only),
- in the Library reading room on the first floor of Barnard Hall, in the LeFrak Center.