Spring 2018 Beyond Barnard Opportunities Fair: Jobs, Internships, and Student Employment
Friday, January 25, 2019
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Diana Center
Beyond Barnard Opportunities Fairs are a chance for students to gather information about career options within many organizations and across industries, as well as seek out internship and full-time positions. Fairs host employers from media, marketing, consulting, advertising, finance, non-profits and more. Fairs also host on- and off-campus organizations looking to hire student workers.
Dress Code: Business Formal – Please no jeans and no sneakers.
Eligibility: Faris are open to current undergraduate students from:
- Barnard College
- Columbia College
- Columbia Engineering
- School of General Studies
To Prepare (read our FAQ page!):
- Bring several copies of your resume
- Research the employers you want to target in advance
- Keep an open mind! Talk not only to the employers you already know, but to some that you've never even heard of before
- Remember to set reasonable goals for yourself. Don't expect to walk away with a job or internship in hand. Your primary objective should be to explore options, find some good leads, and know how to connect with Beyond Barnard to take the next step