Get Support. Give Back.
Beyond Barnard is proud to offer lifelong career resources to alumnae. Whether you are a recent graduate seeking support in your first professional endeavor or a seasoned professional seeking guidance in a career transition, we can help. Alumnae also play a vital role in the programming and resources provided at Beyond Barnard. From mentoring and serving as speakers on panels, to providing feedback on the student and alumnae experience, we value your energy and engagement. Alumnae are also welcome to visit the Alumnae Association for news, updates, events, and more.
As an alumna, you have access to advising and programs at Beyond Barnard. The best first step toward gaining access to supportive resources is to sign up for a Handshake account. Handshake is a platform for scheduling meetings, registering for programs, and accessing diverse online materials designed by Beyond Barnard. If you are having any difficulties signing up to access Handshake (or if you have misplaced your login information), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumnae have access to free one-on-one advising, along with programs designed specifically with alumnae in mind. In addition to career support at all life stages, we are happy to provide individualized perspective on graduate and professional school applications, fellowships, and more.
With more than 34,000 alumnae in New York and around the world, graduates of the College play a crucial role in Beyond Barnard's efforts to connect students with opportunities. In the 2018-19 academic year, Beyond Barnard engaged with more than 110 alumnae in the Mentoring Program, and welcomed 50 alumnae back to campus as panelists and speakers.
In all of the richly diverse roles that you play in your careers and your communities, you have the capacity to enrich the life of students. We invite alumnae to explore getting involved with Beyond Barnard in the following ways:
- Meet in person with a student monthly as a member of Beyond Barnard's New York Network
- Connect virtually with a student (via FaceTime or Skype) for conversations about careers, graduate and professional school, and more
- Serve as a Mentor-on-Call and add yourself to a roster of alumnae and parents available to answer specific questions via phone or email
- Come to campus and serve as a Beyond Barnard Mentor-in-Residence for a day of 30-minute appointments with students
- Speak on campus as a panelist for our Career Insights, providing perspectives on your field or industry
- Host and/or fund Barnard interns or externs at your organization
- Facilitate conversations between Beyond Barnard staff and People & Talent or Human Resources staff at your organization
- Hire students via on-campus recruitment, opportunity fairs, and other events at Barnard
To get started, please email us at email@example.com. Beyond Barnard also sends semi-annual calls for volunteers to programs. We do the best that we can to match the maximum number of volunteers to engagement opportunities.
No matter how you choose to give back as an alumna, we are grateful for your contributions. If you have questions about how to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.