Instructions for taking the Strong Interest Inventory (SII) and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Before the Assessment:
Set aside a time to take the assessments when you can be alone and undisturbed, in a calm setting. Don't over-think the questions: go with your gut instincts. If you take a break in between the assessments, be sure to follow the instructions below for re-starting.
Taking the Assessments:
- Go to: https://online.cpp.com/en/index.aspx
- Enter Login: barnardocd
- Enter Password: strong11
- “User ID”: leave blank for now
- Click: LOGIN
- From the menu, select the desired assessment: MBTIâ or Strong Interest Inventoryâ
- Click: BEGIN
- Under “Batch Name” choose the name of the counselor you saw or have an appointment with. (If their name is not listed, choose any name from the list)
- Provide the requested demographic information.
- Click CONTINUE.
- Follow all directions to complete your assessment.
- Respond to every item, answering the questions as spontaneously as possible. Don’t think about how you “should” answer the question. The right answer is how you most accurately feel.
After Completing the Assessments:
- Click DONE at the bottom of the page.
- Write down your USER ID.
- If you are taking another assessment, click BEGIN ANOTHER ASSESSMENT.
- If you have completed everything you have been instructed to take, click LOGOUT.
- If for any reason you cannot complete an assessment in its entirety, be sure to click SAVE & COMPLETE LATER, so your responses will be saved and can be recovered when you resume.
- Write down the User ID number so you can resume and/or take additional assessments using the same User ID.
- Click LOGOUT and close your browser session
- To continue the assessment, return to item 1 above and start again, entering your USER ID in Step 4 and clicking RESUME in Step 5.
- If you have any questions during the self-administration process, please contact Barnard Career Development at 212.854.2033. (M-F, 9am-5pm)
Schedule an Appointment:
Log into your MillieCAREERS-Handshake account to schedule an appointmernt with your career counselor. Only a counselor can access your results.