Health professions advising supports you each step of the way as you explore and pursue a career in the health professions.
Preparing for Health Professional School
Barnard students and alumnae interested in pursuing a career in the health professions or considering graduate school in health fields such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, veterinary medicine, optometry, or physical therapy, work with our office to explore, prepare and navigate the application process.
Attend a Pre-Health Overview Session
Discover what it means to be a pre-health student at Barnard.
A developmental advising tool designed for pre-health students. Activate your account, set up your profile, explore opportunities, and plan for your future.
What is AdviseStream?
Health Professions Advising Team at Barnard College requires all students interested in health professional schools to utilize the innovative processes, tools, and content in AdviseStream. This developmental advising system has many features that will aid you throughout your undergraduate years and beyond as you explore, plan and apply to health professional schools. Some of AdviseStream's features include:
- Utilize planners to manage the 18-month application process. Prepare and organize your primary application before services open.
- Request and manage individual Letters of Recommendation.
- Participate in the Committee Letter of Evaluation application process to receive a Committee Letter to be sent to central application service(s).
Why use AdviseStream?
Here’s what students are saying:
- "My favorite part of the program is its organization and understanding of everything premed."
- "Having everything laid out step-by-step helps the process feel more manageable and less overwhelming."
- "I saw not only the details of my application, but the bigger picture in terms of themes and strengths."
Review the First Year Checklist to ensure you are off to a good start as you begin preparing for application to health professional programs.
Join our Listserv
Simply create your AdviseStream account, set up your profile, and you're good to go!
Follow us on our Pre-Health Blog
Stay up-to-date on the latest announcements, events and resources
Check out our Calendar of Events
Join us at an upcoming event.