All babysitting jobs will now be posted on BarnardWorks. Babysitters are no longer required to pay fees, and can now log on to BarnardWorks JobX to apply for babysitting jobs. Babysitters will review the jobs posted on BarnardWorks, apply directly to the client(s), and be hired by clients directly. The Beyond Barnard office does not offer babysitter/client matching services.
Babysitters do not have to fill out any employment forms (W-4, WTPA, etc.) with the Beyond Barnard office, and will be paid directly by the client. Babysitters are required to claim earnings filing taxes each year and pay taxes on the money they earn.
Students interested in becoming babysitters are required to complete one Barnard Babysitter Information Session. Upon completion of the Information Session, you'll be give access to view and apply to babysitting jobs on BarnardWorks.
You are required to attend only one info session, and no RSVP is needed. All info sessions are free.
Spring 2018 Barnard Babysitting Info Sessions
- January 26: 1:00pm - 1:30pm, Milbank 324
- January 26: 2:00pm - 2:30pm, Milbank 324
- January 29: 2:00pm - 2:30pm, Milbank 307
- January 31: 2:00pm - 2:30pm, Milbank 307
- February 2: 1:00pm - 1:30pm, Diana 504
- February 9: 1:00pm - 1:30pm, Milbank 323
- February 14: 1:30pm - 2:00pm, Milbank 207
- February 19: 2:00pm - 2:30pm, Milbank 307
- February 28: 1:30pm - 2:00pm, Milbank 207
How to Request a BarnardWorks Account to Post Jobs
- Select Babysitting from the drop-down menu
- Complete all of the information on the next page
- In the Employer drop-down menu, choose Babysitter : New Client (which is the first choice on the list)
- Under Job Title, write Babysitter
- In the Notes box, please write your organization or family name
- Once you receive notification that your account is approved, you will be able to post your job
- Once you complete the questionnaire and click submit, then a staff member from the Office of Student Employment Services will review your request and approve your account so you can begin posting your job opportunities
- You will receive an email notification as soon as it is approved and may begin posting jobs as soon as you receive that email
How to Post a Job Opportunity
- Log in to BarnardWorks
- On the JobX Control Panel, click on the gray Add a New Job button at the top of the page
- Fill out the job description form
- For Time Frame, select Academic Year (even if it's a one-time opportunity; list the exact date in your job title & description)
- At the end of the form, there is a question - Do you want to collect online applications for this job?
- Choose Yes
- If you want to have BarnardWoarks JobX collect applications for you online
- Keep the last question checked as Yes
- When you click submit, the next page gives you a chance to review and approve job applications
- Choose No:
- If you want to have students call or email you directly
- Be sure to click NO
- Choose Yes
- Click Submit, and a staff member will review and approve your job posting
- Once approved, you will review applications, interview and hire your babysitter(s).
- Be sure to communicate directly with students you wish to interview and/or hire.
- We will only keep your listing up for 4 weeks. If you find someone before then, you can click on the job title and then on Review Mode to de-list it. If you do not fill your position, please email us before the 4 weeks are up and let us know you'd like to keep your post up longer.
Please note the following with regard to job postings
- There will be a disclaimer at the bottom of all postings that excludes Barnard College from any and all liability claims. All students who respond to your job posting(s) are considered independent contractors, are responsible for paying their own taxes, and are covered under the disclaimer language that excludes Barnard College from any liability claims. You are hiring student workers at your own risk, and we would expect that as the employer, you will be vetting your job candidates for positions you post.
- The Beyond Barnard office will not be vetting or selecting candidates for your jobs. Jobs will be posted, and approved Barnard College student employees will respond to your posting(s) without intervention from Beyond Barnard staff persons. We recommend that you select job candidates that you feel most confident and comfortable employing when choosing new employees.
- We are not matching students to babysitting jobs. You should treat BarnardWorks as a jobs board; you will post your opportunities, and students will apply directly to you. You will choose your own babysitter from the students who apply to your job post.
- The Beyond Barnard office will not be requiring or accepting any physician documentation to show proof of a minor child in the home. Additionally, Beyond Barnard will not be charging or accepting client fees. Posting jobs on BarnardWorks JobX is free to all clients. This means that there are no required documents and no fees associated with posting part-time babysitting job opportunities for currently-enrolled Barnard College students through the Beyond Barnard office.
We genuinely appreciate all of your patience and support during our transition, and we are very much so looking forward to working with you and serving your hiring needs for the 2017-2018 academic year here at Beyond Barnard office.