A major in Philosophy consists of at least 10 courses, as follows:
1. One course on ancient or early medieval philosophy:
2. One course on early modern philosophy:
3. One course in logic:
4. One course in moral philosophy:
5. One of the following courses:
6. PHIL BC 4050 Senior Seminar
7. Either: Senior Essay (PHIL BC 4051 and 4052) OR: one advanced seminar (PHIL C3912 or a PHIL seminar above 4000) plus one elective beyond the two stipulated in 8 (below).
8. Two electives in addition to the eight courses stipulated above.
Five courses constitute a minor in philosophy. The courses must be selected in consultation with the department chair.