Use the following email signature guidelines for your @barnard.edu email address to present a more unified, professional appearance for official College communications. These guidelines are recommended for all faculty and staff.
3009 Broadway • New York, NY 10027
t: 212-854-1234 • f: 212-854-0009
t: 212-85x-xxxx • yourid @barnard.edu
Follow us: Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
Note that images may not load or may appear as attachments in certain email clients or depending on the recipient's settings. For cleanest results, use text only.
- The first three lines should generally be your full name, title and department
- Optionally link the name of the department to the department website, e.g. link Human Resources to https://barnard.edu/human-resources
- Optionally leave an empty line, then include the address and contact information
- The address may be a room, e.g. Milbank 115, or omitted if you don't have people visiting you on campus
- Include only useful phone numbers, e.g., don't include fax number if never used
- Optionally include links to social media
- Do keep it simple, including only essential information in three to nine lines.
- Do Use Arial, Barnard's web-safe font, sized at 12-14 pixels. If that is not an option, select simply 'sans-serif'. Other fonts will not display correctly.
- Do use a single, neutral color such as black or dark grey.
- Don’t include vCARDS since they add unnecessary file size and appear as attachments.
- Don’t include tag lines or quotes since these may be perceived as College-wide statements.
- Don't use social media icons.