Use the following email signature guidelines for your @barnard.edu email address to present a more unified, professional appearance for official College communications. These guidelines are recommended for all faculty and staff.
3009 Broadway • New York, NY 10027
t: 212-854-1234 • f: 212-854-0009
t: 212-85x-xxxx • yourid @barnard.edu
Follow us: Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
Note that images may not load or may appear as attachments in certain email clients or depending on the recipient's settings. For cleanest results, use text only.
- The first three lines should generally be your full name, title and department
- Optionally link the name of the department to the department website, e.g. link Human Resources to https://barnard.edu/hr
- Optionally leave an empty line, then include the address and contact information
- The address may be a room, e.g. Milbank 115, or omitted if you don't have people visiting you on campus
- Include only useful phone numbers, e.g., don't include fax number if never used
- Optionally include links to social media
Do keep it simple, including only essential information in three to nine lines.
Do Use Arial, Barnard's web-safe font, sized at 12-14 pixels. If that is not an option, select simply 'sans-serif'. Other fonts will not display correctly.
Do use a single, neutral color such as black or dark grey.
Don’t include vCARDS since they add unnecessary file size and appear as attachments.
Don’t include tag lines or quotes since these may be perceived as College-wide statements.
Don't use social media icons.