For the purposes of these guidelines, a counseling-related emergency refers to a situation in which imminent risk is posed to someone's life or safety. These situations could include suicidal risk, as well as a risk of physical danger from one person to another.
If an emergency occurs during office hours, call the Furman Counseling Center at 854-2092, or Health Services at 854-2091. Regular office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If an emergency arises after hours or on the weekends, telephone consultation is available by calling the After-hours Psychological Emergency Line at (855) 622-1903. If the counselor and you determine that immediate, in-person intervention is required, we utilize St.Luke's/ Roosevelt Hospital as our primary treatment resource. St. Luke's is located at the corner of 113th Street and Amsterdam Avenue, and the counselor will call ahead to St.Luke's to arrange assistance for you.
Other useful emergency contacts are:
- Barnard Health Services' Clinician On-Call, (855) 622-1903
- If you live in a residence hall, the RA on duty (posted in each residence hall)
- Barnard Campus Security x88, or 854-3362
- St. Luke's Roosevelt Emergency Department, (212) 523 - 3336
- Sexual Violence Response & Rape Crisis/Anti-Violence Support Center. Available 24/7, (212) 854-HELP (4357)