Governance of the College
Policies and Procedures
In compliance with federal requirements, students are provided notice of College policies and acknowledge receipt of such policies as part of the registration process each semester. Following are links to these College policies.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) provides for privacy of student's educational records and personally identifiable information. Connect via link to barnard.edu/policy/ferpa for complete information regarding FERPA and Student Records. FERPA Policy and information about conduct records.
- Parental Notification Policy
- Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Regulations require institutions of higher education to adopt and implement prevention efforts to discourage unlawful posession, use, or distribution of ilicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees. Further information regarding polices and prevention can be found at the following links:
- College Program for Prevention of Alcohol and Substance Misuse & Abuse (Barnard.edu/policy/aod)
- Delivery of Alcohol Policy
- Hazing Prevention Education and Resources
- Responsible Community Action Policy
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is Federal civil rights law that prohibits discrmination based on sex in education programs and activities. Discrimination on the basis of sex can include sexual harassment or sexual violence (including rape, sexual coersion, and non-consensual sexual contact). Policy and procedure details can be found through the following links:
- Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment
- Columbia University Gender Based Misconduct Policy for Columbia students
- Bias-related/Hate Crimes
- Policy on Religious Holidays