What is The Arthur O. Eve HEOP Scholars Program (HEOP)?
The Higher Education Opportunity Program is a New York State funded program first enacted in 1969. Barnard College started its program in 1970 and is funded by both the New York State Education department and Barnard College.
Barnard and The Arthur O. Eve HEOP Scholars Program give bright and motivated students who are economically disadvantaged access to higher education. Once a student is admitted to Barnard as an Arthur O. Eve HEOP Scholar, the program provides academic support services to ensure her success in college.
Meet the Staff
Director, Opportunity Programs
- Directs the academic year and summer sessions of the collegiate opportunities programs (HEOP and CSTEP)
- Directs the academic year and summer sessions of the pre-collegiate program (STEP)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Associate Director, Opportunity Programs
Counselor, Collegiate Programs
- Adviser to BOP, CSTEP & HEOP scholars in matters academic, career, or personal
- Contact: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant, Collegiate Programs
- First point of contact for all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP inquiries
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org