- The Barnard College Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) offers an exciting and rigorous academic enrichment program designed to assist 7th – 12th grade students acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue post-secondary education leading to careers in scientific, technical or health-related fields, or the licensed professions. STEP seeks to increase the representation of historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged students in those fields.
STEP has the following goals:
- Expose students to numerous careers requiring basic and advanced skills in mathematics and science.
- Provide students with opportunities to meet with role models and community leaders who may enhance their career and academic goals.
- Introduce a creative and innovative learning experience for participants.
- Present various workshops for parents that will assist them in taking an active role in their children’s academic lives.
Barnard College in unison with the New York State Department of Education has made a commitment to service the youth of the community in grades 7th – 12th . This partnership of providing quality instruction, career and academic counseling, tutoring and educational workshops is provided during the fall, spring and summer sessions.
Students participating in the program are highly motivated to learn more about math and science and they come from many different high schools in New York City.
The Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) is funded by a grant from the New York State Education Department, Office of K-16 Initiatives and Access Programs and the generosity of Barnard College.
Meet the Staff
Administrative Assistant, Pre Collegiate Programs
- Provides all Administrative Support to Pre Collegiate Programs students/parents and staff
- Contact person for questions regarding the STEP Academic Program and Admissions
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org