Go to m.barnard.edu for the Mobile Barnard web app or download it from the App Store or Google Play.

Buildings

Residential Buildings

600 West 116th Street

The 600 West 116th Street building was built in 1907 and renovated in 1971. The building has a total square footage of 99,000 and is currently used for dorms and is leased to residential tenants and commercial tenants.

616 West 116th Street

The 616 West 116th Street building was built in 1906 and renovated in 1962. The building has a total square footage of 59,000 and is currently used for dorms.

620 West 116th Street

The 620 West 116th Street building was built in 1906 and renovated in 1966. The building has a total square footage of 59,000 and is currently used for dorms and leased to residential tenants.

Brooks, Hewitt, Reid (The Quad)

Brooks (1907), Hewitt (1925), and Reid Halls (1961) are known as "The BHR". The buildings have a combined total square footage of 149,000 and are currently used for dorms, the Deanery, the student cafeteria, and the Health Services Office.

Cathedral Gardens  (217 Manhattan Avenue)

Cathedral Gardens was built in 2005 and offers Barnard students the opportunity to transition from campus life to New York City living. Among the building's amenities are lovely views of Morningside Park, a social lounge, roof terrace, laundry facilities and a 24-hour security desk. Hardwood floors and high ceilings accentuate the views and magnificent natural light. All apartments feature new flooring, dishwashers, huge windows, vanity lighting and expansive common area space with varying configurations of double and single rooms.   This area is also highly accessible by the M4 bus, the Morningside Heights shuttle bus and a variety of nearby trains.

Elliott Hall (49 Claremont Avenue)

Elliott Hall was built in 1906 and renovated in 1980. The building has a total square footage of 34,000 and is currently used for dorms and departmental/faculty offices.

Plimpton Hall (1235 Amsterdam Avenue)

Plimpton Hall was built in 1968. The building has a total square footage of 84,000 and is currently used for dorms and leased to commercial tenants.

Sulzberger Hall (The Quad)

Sulzberger Hall was built in 1988. The building has a total square footage of 120,000 and is currently used for dorms and administrative offices.

Academic/Administrative Buildings

Altschul Hall

Altschul Hall was built in 1969. The building has a total square footage of 118,000 and it is currently used for classrooms, laboratories, auditorium, and departmental/faculty offices.

Barnard Hall

Barnard Hall was built in 1917. The building has a total square footage of 79,000 and it is currently used for classrooms, the Women's Center, Security, Facilities, departmental/faculty offices, and the gymnasium/pool/training facilities.

Lehman Hall

Lehman Hall was built in 1959. The building has a total square footage of 65,000 and it is currently used for Barnard's Library, classrooms, and departmental/faculty offices.

Diana Center

The Diana Center opened in January 2010 as a mixed use facility with a cafe and cafeteria, black box theater, event oval, classrooms, meeting rooms and department offices.

Milbank Hall

Milbank Hall was built in 1896, formerly known as Brinkerhoff (1896) and Fiske Hall (1897). The building has a total square footage of 121,000 and it is currently used for classrooms, theatre, research labs, administrative, department and faculty offices.

Milbank Hall - Greenhouse

The Milbank Hall Greenhouse was built in 1997 and was dedicated in 1998. The complex has a total square footage of 3,400 and is currently used as botanical research facility.