Class of 2023
The full list of documents required to apply for need-based financial aid is listed below. Documents can be uploaded to Barnard's online application portal upon completion of the Common Application. The Financial Aid Checklist in the applicant's online portal will be updated if additional documents are required to complete the application. All applicants should review their Financial Aid Checklist on a regular basis to ensure all required documents have been received.
2019-2020 Regular Decision Requirements
Deadline: February 1, 2019
- CSS Profile: Available starting October 1st, 2018. Barnard's CSS Code is 2038. Please note: If an applicant's parents are divorced or separated, each parent must complete a separate version of this form.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Available starting October 1st, 2018. Barnard's FAFSA school code is 002708.
- 2017 Parent Federal Tax Return (all pages and schedules)
- 2017 Parent W-2 Forms
- 2017 Student Federal Tax Return (all pages and schedules) OR 2017 Student Non-Filer Certification Form (if you are not required to file a federal tax return)
- 2017 Student W-2 Forms or proof of 2017 income (1099 forms or other documentation)
When applicable, applicants must submit the following:
- 2017 Business Income Tax Returns (IRS forms 1120, 1120S, 1065 and Schedule K-1)
- Non-Custodial Parent's 2017 Federal Income Tax Return (all pages and schedules), Non-Custodial Parent's 2017 W-2 forms, and Non-Custodial Parent's 2017 Business Income Tax Returns (IRS forms 1120, 1120S, 1065 and Schedule K-1)
- 2017 Parent Tax Non-Filer Certification Form (for parents who are not required to file a federal tax return) along with proof of 2017 income (W-2 forms, 1099 forms, or other documentation)
- 2017 Untaxed Income Documentation (such as Workers Compensation, disability, etc.)
- Documentation of 2017 Social Security Benefits (Social Security Administration Form 1099-SSA) for all family members)
- Documentation of Citizenship (only if you have a citizenship comment on your FAFSA)
- New York State Express TAP application for NYS Residents only (www.hesc.ny.gov) Barnard's school code is 0155.
- 2017 Parent New York State Tax Return for NYS Residents only