Students who are admitted to Barnard with a Barnard College Grant may expect grants in future years if they continue to meet economic and academic eligibility and reapply for financial aid each year. The deadline to apply for financial aid for 2019-2020 is April 15th, 2019.
All continuing students will receive access to a new Financial Aid Portal for the 2019-2020 academic year. The new portal includes a section to securely upload all documents and a personalized financial aid checklist that will allow students to track the status of their application as documents are reviewed. All applicants should review their financial aid checklist on a regular basis to ensure all required documents have been received.
Notification of financial aid awards for students who have submitted all required documents will be posted in the portal before the first week of July, 2019.
2019-2020 Financial Aid Requirements
Deadline: April 15th, 2019
- CSS Profile: Available starting October 1st, 2018. Barnard's CSS Code is 2038. Please note: If an applicant's parents are divorced or separated, each parent must complete a separate version of this form.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Available starting October 1st, 2018. Barnard's FAFSA school code is 002708.
- Parent 2017 Federal Tax Returns (all pages and schedules)
- Parent 2017 W-2 Forms
- Student 2017 Federal Tax Return (all pages and schedules) OR 2017 Student Non-Filer Certification Form (if you are not required to file a federal tax return)
- Student 2017 W-2 Forms or proof of 2017 income (1099 forms or other documentation)
When applicable, applicants must submit the following:
- 2017 Business Income Tax Returns (IRS forms 1120, 1120S, 1065 and Schedule K-1)
- Noncustodial Parent 2017 Federal Income Tax Return (all pages and schedules), Noncustodial Parent 2017 W-2 forms, and Noncustodial Parent 2017 Business Income Tax Returns (IRS forms 1120, 1120S, 1065 and Schedule K-1).
- 2017 Parent Tax Non-Filer Certification Form (for parents who are not required to file a federal tax return) along with proof of 2017 income (W-2 forms, 1099 forms, or other documentation).
- 2017 Untaxed Income Documentation (such as Workers Compensation, disability, etc.)
- Documentation of 2017 Social Security Benefits (Social Security Administration Form 1099-SSA) for all family members
- Documentation of Citizenship (only if you have a citizenship comment on your FAFSA)
- New York State Express TAP application for NYS Residents only (www.hesc.ny.gov). Barnard's school code is 0155.
- Parents' 2017 New York State Tax Return - for NYS Residents only
Additional documents will be added to the student's checklist to confirm financial aid eligibility if a student's FAFSA is selected for federal verification. Please visit Federal Verification for more information about the verification process.