I am a native of San Juan, Puerto Rico, and have been at Barnard since October of 2015. Prior to this role, I was the Associate Dean for International and Intercultural Student Programs at the College. I started my career in higher education in 1996, building my experience in enrollment management, student affairs, and international education at institutions in the US and overseas.
I am also a proud women's college alumna, earning a bachelor's degree in Psychology from Marymount College Tarrytown. My master's degree is in Higher Education Administration. Presently, I am a doctoral candidate, and devote a considerable amount of time to dissertation writing. Travel and yoga are my favorite ways to find balance and perspective as well as manage day-to-day stress.
I look forward to meeting you soon and invite you to stop by for a chat or a quick hello!
Senior Associate Dean of Studies
First Year Dean/Dean for International Students
- Develops and maintains international academic partnerships in collaboration with the Dean for International and Global Strategy
- Primary point of contact for all matters concerning, affecting or relating to Barnard students overseas
- Advises students on all matters pertaining to exchange and study abroad programs
- Resource person for all international students in matters academic or personal
- Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) - signs the FORM I-20; updates and maintains F-1 student records in SEVIS.
- Responsible Official (RO) - signs the FORM DS-2019; updates and maintains J-1 student records in SEVIS.