The application deadline has been extended to April 1, 2019. The application may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 212-280-8797, or hand delivered to the Provost’s Office, located in 110 Milbank Hall.
A complete application includes the following:
- Application Form for Barnard and Columbia students or Application Form for visiting students (opening soon)
- Personal Statement (included within the application)
- Study Approval Form from an academic dean or study abroad advisor (for visiting students)
- Academic Transcripts. You may submit an unofficial transcript with your application. If admitted, Columbia and visiting students must submit an official transcript. Transcripts may be sent electronically to Barnard College, Provost’s Office, attn. Giorgio DiMauro, 3009 Broadway, New York, NY 10027; firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will be notified of the results of their application within two-three weeks of the deadline, and will be required to pay a tuition deposit at that time to hold their place in the program.
Rolling until April 1 Application deadline
April 8 Confirmation of enrollment due
May 6 Tuition due
General eligibility requirements for the Barnard Summer Study programs are outlined below:
- The summer study classes are open to all Barnard and Columbia students as well as to students from other U.S. accredited colleges or universities.
- Individuals who have completed at least one year of college but who are not currently enrolled in school are not eligible to apply.
- The completion of at least two full-time semesters of college is required and intending to return to home institution for at least one more full-time semester (students in their last semester of college are ineligible to apply).
- Be at least 18 or older prior to beginning of summer term.
- Most students who are admitted have earned a G.P.A. of at least 3.0.
- Be in good academic standing at your home institution.
- It is expected that students selected to participate in the course will have completed the Intermediate level of French.
Application Review and Notification:
A review of a student’s academic records and personal statement is required to confirm admission to one of the Barnard Summer Study programs. Once an admission decision has been reached, the applicant will be notified of the decision by email, within 2-3 weeks of the stated application deadline. Only completed applications will be reviewed. If an application is missing a required component (i.e. transcript, personal statement) it will not be reviewed until the missing material is received.