Associate Dean for Academic Enrichment and Community Initiatives
Dr. Michell Tollinchi-Michel is the Associate Dean for Academic Enrichment and Community Initiatives at Barnard College where she is primarily responsible for the oversight of the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), Collegiate/Science Technology Entry Program (CSTEP/STEP), Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program (MMUF) and other academic support programs at the college. Additionally, she works in collaboration with various departments and units, Barnard faculty and the local Harlem Community to continue to provide opportunities that will enrich and complement the lives of all students with a particular emphasis on underrepresented minorities and first generation students. In 2015, Dean Tollinchi-Michel launched the First Generation Initiatives on campus. Dean Tollinchi-Michel has dedicated her career and life to supporting minority and women students who strive to achieve their full potential, no matter what their backgrounds.
- Oversees the CSTEP/STEP and HEOP programs
- Administrative Coordinator for the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program
- Coordinator for the Spelman/Howard Domestic Exchange Program
- Associate Director of the Intercollegiate Program under the Hughes Science Pipeline Project
- Adviser to students interested in Social Work School
- Adviser to transfer students
Associate Director, Collegiate Programs
Elida Martinez-Gaynor is the Associate Director for Collegiate Programs within the Academic Success and Enrichment Programs at Barnard College. Serving a variety of positions within student affairs throughout the years, Elida maintains proficiency in student advising and program development namely within STEM focused initiatives for special populations. Elida earned her Bachelor's degree at John Jay College of Criminal Justice within the City University of New York and a Master's of Arts from Teacher's College at Columbia University. Most recently, Elida earned certification as a Supplemental Instruction Supervisor. In addition to her role within ASEP; Elida coordinates the college-wide peer-to-peer learning program.
- Adviser to all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP sophomores in matters academic, career, or personal
- Co-coordinates the college-wide peer-to-peer learning program
- Contact: email@example.com, or schedule an appointment
Kevin V. Collymore
Academic Counselor, Collegiate Programs
Kevin Collymore is the Academic Advisor of Collegiate Programs within the Academic Success and Enrichment Programs. Kevin is a direct recipient of program initiatives, earning his B.A through the Educational Opportunity Programs of the State University of New York at Purchase College in Westchester, New York. His current work involves advising the junior-and senior-level cohorts of students and managing the student-alumnae mentoring component. Kevin is currently pursing a masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs at New York University's Steinhardt. In the latter role, his goal is to expand access to students across the state of New York.
- Adviser to all BOP, CSTEP & HEOP juniors & seniors in matters academic, career, or personal.
- Facilitate developmental workshops aimed at increasing the academic success of students.
- Engage program Alumnae through workshops and programing.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment
Administrative Assistant, Collegiate Programs
As Administrative Assistant for Collegiate Programs, Gianni supports the Collegiate Programs office and serves as the first point of contact for program inquiries. She is responsible in coordinating the program's day-to-day activities including coordinating student-adviser meetings, scheduling student workshop locations, and responding to student inquiries. Gianni holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Children and Youth Studies from Brooklyn College of the City of New York. She is currently pursuing her Ed.M. in Psychological Counseling at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Provides all Administrative Support to Collegiate Programs students and staff
- Schedules appointments for Collegiate Office
- Contact person for questions regarding general HEOP admissions; CSTEP admissions
- Contact: email@example.com
Associate Director, Pre Collegiate Programs
Juan Carlos “JC” Soto is the Associate Director for Pre-Collegiate Programs at Barnard College and is responsible for executing the Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP). JC has devoted his career to youth development and postsecondary readiness. Prior to joining Barnard, JC served as the Program Director of the College Directions Program at Kingsbridge Heights Community Center where he managed their college access and success program for students in the northwest Bronx community. JC has spent nearly a decade in the nonprofit sector, previously holding positions at College Summit, MOUSE, and PowerMyLearning. JC is passionate in developing programs, managing partnerships, and leveraging technology in order to improve education equity and access among students, families, and communities. JC holds a Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude in Sociology from Lehman College and a Master of Public Administration degree with focuses in Nonprofit and Higher Education Administration from Baruch College.
- Responsible for recruitment, retention, and admission of students
- Conducts Parent meetings
- Responsible for community collaborations and outreach to CBO’s
- Connects students with access to license professions through internship opportunities
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Counselor, Pre Collegiate Programs
Liz Skoski is the Academic Counselor for Pre Collegiate Programs. Liz earned a BA in English from Binghamton University and an MA in Teaching of English from Teachers College, Columbia University. She taught for five years in New York City public schools as a high school English teacher and also worked as an advisor for junior and senior students about the graduation and college application process.
- Provides academic support to Pre Collegiate Program students
- Responsible for college readiness curriculum
- Contact: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant, Pre Collegiate Programs
Clara provides all Administrative Support to Pre Collegiate Programs students/parents and is the contact person for questions regarding the STEP Academic Program and Admissions. As a staunch advocate for educating minorities and the underserved, Clara is very proud to work with a program such as STEP. She strives to provide overall administrative support to students, parents, instructors, and staff to ensure that the program runs smoothly and efficiently. Clara’s goal is to help the STEP team increase their students’ college admission rates.
- Provides all Administrative Support to Pre Collegiate Programs students/parents and staff
- Contact person for questions regarding the STEP Academic Program and Admission
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org