Department: Dean of Studies
Shift: 35 hours/week full-time 12 months/year position
FUNCTION: To provide secretarial, computer-related, and general assistance to the supervising deans and to perform delegated tasks and provide general assistance in the Office, including serving as receptionist, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 1-3 years’ related administrative assistance experience
- Organizational skill with attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly and correctly, including ability to proofread and edit
- Ability to focus and work quickly, to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to relate effectively and positively with students, alumnae, parents, staff members, faculty members, and colleagues
- Maturity, sensitivity, tact, judgment, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to contribute to the tone of professionalism in the office and to remain calm and flexible under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a setting that requires extensive cooperation and collaboration among all staff members
- Accurate and rapid word processing skills; strong computer skills including ability to use a database and prepare spreadsheets, use desktop publishing and web software and email. Experience with MS Office preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn additional computer programs as needed
- Familiarity with an academic environment preferred.
Internal Local 2110 applicants must apply in the Human Resources office within the five-day posting period from the date specified above to receive preferential consideration. Outside applicants should send letter and resume to Employment Manager, Barnard College, 3009 Broadway, New York, NY 10027. FAX: 212-854-2454. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barnard College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.