The following message was sent to Barnard students on May 1, 2019.
Dear Barnard Students,
Today, we write to you about a tragedy at a fellow college. We unite in sorrow and solidarity with the University of North Carolina Charlotte community to mourn the shooting victims whose lives were tragically lost or forever changed yesterday evening. Our hearts are broken by this evil, horrifying violence committed on a campus.
During heartbreaking, difficult times, we encourage students to reach out to the following on-campus resources as needed:
- Dean of Studies Office: 105 Milbank Hall, (212) 854-2024
- Furman Counseling Center: 100 Hewitt Hall, (212) 854-2092
- After-hours psychological emergency line: (855) 622-1903
- After-hours clinician on call: (855) 622-1903
- International SOS for those students who are abroad and can contact +1-215-942-8478
We embrace one another and come together as a community as we grieve for the precious lives of students near and far who have been impacted by gun violence.
Natalie Friedman, Co-Interim Dean of the College and Dean of Studies
Alicia Lawrence, Co-Interim Dean of the College and Executive Director of Residential Life & Housing