Healthcare Careers Program
Barnard Healthcare Careers Program is a full-day program for Barnard students of all years interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare Industry. Absolutely no prior experience required--only curiosity and an interest in learning more about various sectors within healthcare whether it be medical, allied health, research or public health. This program also includes a Shadowing Day, a Site Visit at a hospital and connections to Volunteer Opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for students to strengthen their knowledge of various healthcare practices, gain confidence, network with alumnae in the industry, and prepare for the application and interview process. Participation in this program will bolster one's chances of receiving a shadowing, volunteer or internship opportunity in the industry.
Barnard Healthcare Careers Program will:
- Help you develop an understanding of different aspects of the Healthcare Industry from an insiders perspective: learn about what these professionals do on a daily basis and gain insight into what the challenges and successes are in their industries.
- Gain concrete tips and skills to improve applications for internships/fellowships/applications.
- Connect you with volunteer, shadowing and site visit opportunities within your healthcare industry of choice- depending on program availability.
- Give you an opportunity to meet and network with alumnae from various parts of the industry who are excited to share their stories with you and give you advice!
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Current Barnard student
- Interest in some aspect of the healthcare industry or curiosity about learning more
Program Dates, Application Process & Deadlines
Spring 2018 Semester
Questions? Please contact Barnard Career Development at email@example.com.