NSOP 2018 Webinars
Throughout the summer, Student Life will partner with different departments across campus to introduce you to a few of our offerings at Barnard! There will be four webinars on the following topics:
- On Deadlines and Procrastination: Project and Time Management for Your First Semester in College
- Athena Scholars Program 101
- Residential Life: Helping You Get 'Packed and Prepared' for Residential Living
- iPop: International Pre-Orientation Program
Did you miss one of the webinars offered this summer? Don't worry! We've included all of the videos below:
On Deadlines and Procrastination: Project and Time Management for Your First Semester in College
College courses work differently than high school classes. To manage your reading, research papers, problem sets, and labs requires a set of skills that you can start developing from day one at Barnard. Learn about project and time management from members of the Beyond Barnard Staff. We'll also share some insights on how to best use Beyond Barnard's resources throughout your First Year.
Athena Scholars Program 101
This webinar will provide a brief overview of the Athena Center for Leadership Studies and outline, in detail, the goals, requirements, and intended outcomes of the Athena Scholars Program. We will also cover information related to registration, program timeline, and answer any questions you may have. The Athena Scholars Program is open to all Barnard students; all students interested in learning more are encouraged to attend.
Residential Life: Helping You Get 'Packed and Prepared' for Residential Living
This webinar is for First Year students who are living on campus at Barnard. It will include an overview of what to bring to campus, what resources are available within the residence halls, our campus policies, and important information about move-in day!
iPOP - International Pre-Orientation Program
This webinar will address the following topics/questions:
- What is iPOP?
- Who attends iPOP?
- What will check-in be like for iPOP attendees?
- What is the registration process for students on F-1 and J-1 visas?
- What is the iPOP schedule?
- What is the Global Ambassador Program?
- Who do I contact if I have any questions about iPOP?