Faculty Department Assistants and Administrators
The Department/Program Assistants and Administrators provide administrative and secretarial support to the Department and Program Chairs and Directors and are responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of their department(s).
Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the Chairs by preparing materials that are needed by Barnard administrators and the department, including catalogue information, appointment forms, tenure dossiers, documents for departmental searches and course evaluations.
- Assist the Chair with reconciliation of the department budget, bills and expense reports.
- Maintain files and supplies, update websites, respond to student inquiries and office support.
- Perform general office responsibilities such as photocopying, errands, mail distribution and answering the departmental phone.
- Other roles and responsibilities include preparing materials directly related to instruction; maintain classroom and office services; act as liaison with cognate departments at Columbia; and assist faculty with the planning, organizing and coordination of departmental meetings, symposia, workshops, roundtables and other events when required.
Questions about the Faculty Department Assistants and Administrators should be directed to Bobby O'Rourke in the Office of the Provost (ext. 4-9551, firstname.lastname@example.org).