Spring 2020 Semester Payment Due December 2, 2019
- E-bills will be sent to students' Barnard email addresses no later than November 4, 2019. No paper bills are mailed.
- As of November 4, current students may view their spring 2020 student account online, or enroll in a payment plan.
- If you are a student and your Student Account Center (SAC) invitation has expired, call TMS/Nelnet at 1-888-251-3597 and provide your BC email address so that a new invitation may be sent.
- If you are a parent, ask your child to invite you through the site, and be sure to follow the instructions in the email invitation you will receive. We are not able to speak to anyone other than the student concerning the account, without the student's specific authorization via SAC.
- Health Insurance Opt Out: For all new students attending Barnard for the Spring 2020 semester, Health Insurance Opt Out begins November 18, 2019.
- Deadline: Although the deadline for new students to opt-out is January 20, 2020, we *strongly* recommend that opt-out be completed by your payment deadline to avoid a late payment fee. Read FAQ about opting out.
Electronic Student Account Center (SAC)
Barnard's Student Account Center (SAC) brings you:
- Electronic access to current and past billing statements
- Up-to-the-minute payment activity displayed in real time
- On-line payment options (via your US bank account; sorry, no card payments)
- Online enrollment each semester in our optional monthly payment plan administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS/Nelnet)
- View a video demonstration on how to use SAC. (Although the video mentions credit card payments, Barnard does not accept card payments.)
What to expect
All current students receive e-bills only. No paper bills are issued.
What to do
An email message from Bursar is sent to each student's Barnard email address a month prior to the start of each semester's payment deadline, to alert students to view their invoice and/or for access to our Student Account Center (SAC). New students receive invitations to register for SAC access after they activate their BC email, portal access, and Columbia UNI. Due to federal student privacy regulations, the student must register for access first and then invite others (e.g. parents or others who are crucial to the payment process) to view/pay the student's account online. An email with activation instructions will then be sent to the invited participant/parent. By inviting others, the student authorizes Barnard to discuss the account with them. If we do not have this authorization, we will be unable to discuss the account with anyone other than the student. If you've already registered for SAC, log-in at barnard.afford.com.