Welcome to Barnard!
Get acquainted with the available technology resources, learn how to activate and access accounts, and prepare for your arrival on campus.
Every Barnard student is responsible for her own school accounts. Your account password is sensitive information. So, it is crucial that you remember it and that you do not share it via email or any other method. Barnard will NEVER ask students for confidential information via email. Therefore, never send sensitive information such as passwords, birth dates, and social security numbers to anyone via email, even if the source claims to be affiliated with Barnard College.
Acceptable Use of Barnard IT Services
Important things to do before arriving on campus
- Activate your Barnard Account, which enables you to do following:
- Access the myBarnard portal
- Access your Barnard email (gBear)
- Set up Password Reset Self Service
- Activate your Columbia UNI, which enables you to do the following:
- Access Courseworks
- Log onto campus lab computers
- Print from your printing quota
- Access Online Catalog for Columbia Libraries (CLIO)
- Perform the Mandatory Computer Setup, which must be completed before arriving on campus.
- Read the Accounts & Email section, which will give you more information on your accounts, including how to access them.
Important things to do after arriving on campus
- Set up Secure Wireless, which will allow you to connect to Barnard wireless networks on campus and in your room.
- Learn how to Print from a Personal Computer, which will allow you to send print jobs directly to a PawPrint station from your computer.
- All students receive a free printing quota of 100 pages per week
- Incoming students are not allowed to bring wireless printers to campus
- Further information can be found on the Printing Resources page.
If you are looking for a job which teaches you valuable technical troubleshooting skills (we train you!) and offers one of the highest starting wages on campus, come work for BCIT!