To set up Road Runner:
- Connect the cable modem to a power supply using the power cord.
- Connect the cable cord (the coaxial cable) from the wall to the cable modem. This cord should screw on with a metal bolt.
- Connect the router box (usually Linksys) to a power supply using the power cord.
- Connect the router box to the modem using an Ethernet cord.
- Locate your computer's Ethernet port. Connect an Ethernet cable to this port. Attach the other end to the router.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cord attached to your computer to the router box.
Please visit our Hardware Glossary guide for images of the setup.