Activating your Barnard Login
Barnard Accounts for the class of 2021 should available for activation by the end of May 2017. All incoming first year and transfer/visiting students will recieve an email from BCIT with information about how to retrieve their login/password once their accounts are ready to be activated, approximately two weeks after sending their response and deposit to Barnard. If you are having problems accessing your login information, please follow our troubleshooting tips. If your problem is not resolved after following these tips, please contact us.
To activate your account:
- Find your 7-digit Barnard System ID Number (which you received via email from Registrar).
- Navigate to Access Your Initial Login and Password and enter your ID Number and date of birth.
- After entering the information, click on the Submit button.
- This page will be available for a limited time only, so activate your Barnard account as soon as possible. If account activation is successful, you will receive your Barnard username (e.g. ab1234 - this is also the same as your Columbia UNI) and a temporary password.
- This username and password is for you to access the myBarnard portal as well as your Barnard email account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), which is called gBear. However, since this is a temporary password you should go to password.barnard.edu so that you can change the temporary password given to you. Click on the 3rd link that says “Change your password”, enter your UNI and temporary password provided and click "Next". You can then follow the instructions on the following screen for the password requirements to create your own personal password. Click "Finish".
- Once you have successfully changed your password, you MUST log into the myBarnard portal (my.barnard.edu) with your new password to authenticate your new password to your account. You should also go to password.barnard.edu to choose your own self-service password reset questions. Click on the top link that says "Register for self-service" and follow the instructions to set up questions and answers that you can use to reset your password if you ever forget it in future.