- Never share your password or your account with anyone including family, friends, faculty or staff unless extreme circumstances demand it. Sharing accounts is not permitted at Barnard.
- Never write down your password in an obvious location. (e.g. on a sticky note on your monitor!)
- Periodically change your password.
- Avoid using passwords that are part of accessible information about you, such as your phone number, your mother's maiden name, your social security number, the name of your pet, or any word in the dictionary, including languages other than English.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long.
- It must contain at least 5 letters, 1 number and 1 special character.
- These are the special characters that are accepted: !@#$%^&*)(_+=<>