BCIT's Infrastructure group has immediate openings available for paid internships. This opportunity is open to first-year and second-year Barnard and Columbia undergraduate students only. We accept work-study and non work-study applicants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in Infrastructure's daily operations including data jack termination, switch replacement, server upgrades, and programming.
- Work on special projects under the direction of an Infrastructure's staff member.
- Learn new skills as outlined by long-term training plan, using books, online training, one-on-one mentoring and other resources.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Basic knowledge of desktop computing technology.
- Demonstrates willingness and desire to learn new computer skills.
- Available 8-10 hours/week.
- Commitment to working with the Infrastructure group through senior year of college and completing detailed learning plan.
- Computer-related major not required.
- Prior employment with computer technology preferred, but not required.