If you have experienced an assault - remember, it is not your fault.

Report an Incident

To report an incident to the College electronically, see this page for an online form.  Contact Molree Williams-Lendor at, call 212-854-0037, or directly schedule an appointment to seek consultation or report information in person.

To report information regarding Columbia University students (non-Barnard students), you may also visit the reporting page on Columbia's website.

You may also consider consulting an Advocate.  On campus, you can reach the Rape Crisis/Anti-Violence Support Center Survivor Advocates or Peer Advocates by calling 212-854-HELP (4357).  Off campus and nearby, St. Luke's Crime Victims Treatment Center CVTC) Advocates and services can be reached by calling (212) 523-4728. To contact the NYPD Special Victims Division call (646) 610-7272.

Find out more on our Resources page.

Report an Incident to Law Enforcement

Much of the information on these web pages refer to definitions listed in College and University policy definitions, and enforced by the College and/or University.  Behavior, such as sexual assault, harassment, stalking, dating violence or domestic violence, are also crimes.  The College can assist in reporting to law enforcement, including providing guidance in determining the appropriate jurisdiction for such reporting.

New York State Law.  For specific information related to New York State criminal law definitions of sexual violence, please visit:

Barnard College Public Safety and the Title IX Coordinator can provide assistance with reporting to law enforcement.

New York City Policy Department and Manhattan District Attorney's Office.  Information and resources for criminal response and/or civil restraining orders can be found online at:

Relevant Government Resources

Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator(s) and to OCR.  The below government agencies may provide additional resources for anyone wishing to file a complaint of gender-based misconduct:

U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights

New York—Region II
32 Old Slip, 26th Floor
New York, NY 10005

Telephone: 646-428-3800

U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women