While there is no fee, or co-pay for visiting the Primary Care Health Service, regardless of insurance, you may be charged for some medications, vaccines and tests.
Please see below for more information:
- Credit Cards: Visa & MasterCard
- Checks (from a U.S. bank)
- Money Orders
- Cash, Discover & American Express credit cards are NOT accepted
Payment is required at the time of the visit.
- Please note that while payment is required at time of visit, if a student is absolutely unable to pay at the time of their visit, payment may be deferred for up to 30 days. Students who do not pay their balance within 30 days are subject to having their registration, transcripts, and diploma put on hold.
There is a $25 no-show fee for any missed appointment that is not cancelled or rescheduled before the start of the original appointment.
There is a strict 24 hour cancellation policy for all nutritionist appointments.
- There is a $25 late cancellation fee for all nutritionist appointments that are not cancelled at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- To cancel an appointment, you must call Primary Care at 1-212-854-2091 at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
We maintain a small dispensary onsite for commonly used medications and contraceptives for which there is a charge.
Only contraceptives are free with the Aetna Student Health Insurance. For all other medications there is a charge, regardless of insurance.
All vaccines offered at Primary Care are free to students with the Aetna Student Health Insurance.
Students with outside insurance will be asked to pay for their vaccines at the time of their visit and will be given paperwork to submit a claim for reimbursement. Check with your outside insurance provider to make sure you will be reimbursed before paying upfront for vaccines.
All in-house laboratory testing is performed by LabCorp.
If you have outside insurance, please be aware of the in-network lab services covered by your insurance.
The PCHS does not bill insurance directly for labs. LabCorp will bill the insurance.
Current students may receive a copy of their medical records at no charge.
There is a charge of seventy five cents per page for non current students.
For more information please see our Medical Records page.