Mission & Goals
Residential Life and Housing provides opportunities for students that complement Barnard's mission of intellectual risk taking, discovery, and personal development. The department's programs and services enhance the personal growth and social development of the community and of each community member. We seek to meet the ever-changing needs of our diverse community in a compassionate, friendly, and efficient manner.
Residential Life & Housing is committed to...
- Students – supporting the academic success of our students through community and personal development.
- Communication – being open, thorough, and timely with information to the Barnard community.
- Quality Service – providing all members of the Barnard community with friendly, helpful, and professional service.
- Mutual Respect – honoring individual perspectives by listening, acknowledging, and responding to all members of the Barnard community.
- Education About and Awareness of Social Justice Issues – creating a safe and inclusive living/learning environment for all members of the Barnard community.
- Integrity – upholding ethical practices/standards and maintaining accountability – providing service in an honest, ethical, and accountable manner.
- Teamwork – functioning as a department team in a cohesive and supportive manner, while establishing strong collaborative relationships with other campus offices.