Spring 2021 Semester Payment is Due December 14, 2020
- E-bills will be sent to students' Barnard email addresses, SAC authorized users the week of November 9, 2020. No paper bills are mailed.
- Current students may view their spring 2021 student account online, or enroll in a payment plan.
- If you are a student and your Student Account Center (SAC) invitation has expired, call TMS/Nelnet at 1-888-251-3597 and provide your BC email address so that a new invitation may be sent.
- If you are a parent, ask your child to invite you through the site, and be sure to follow the instructions in the email invitation you will receive. We are not able to speak to anyone other than the student concerning the account, without the student's specific authorization via SAC.
- Health Insurance Opt Out: For new students, and students approved for the Fall Only waiver, the Health Insurance Opt-Out process begins Monday, November 9, 2021, and ends on Friday, January 8th, 2021.
- Deadline: Although the deadline for to opt-out is January 8, 2020, we *strongly* recommend that the waiver process be completed by the payment deadline to avoid a late payment fee. Read FAQ about opting out.
Electronic Student Account Center (SAC)
Barnard's Student Account Center (SAC) brings you:
- Electronic access to current and past billing statements
- Up-to-the-minute payment activity displayed in real-time
- On-line payment options
- Online enrollment each semester in our optional monthly payment plan administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS/Nelnet)
- View a video demonstration on how to use SAC.
What to expect
All current students receive e-bills only. No paper bills are issued.
What to do
An email message from Bursar is sent to each student's Barnard email address a month prior to the start of each semester's payment deadline, to alert students to view their invoice and/or for access to our Student Account Center (SAC). New students receive invitations to register for SAC access after they activate their BC email, portal access, and Columbia UNI. Due to federal student privacy regulations, the student must register for access first and then invite others (e.g. parents or others who are crucial to the payment process) to view/pay the student's account online. An email with activation instructions will then be sent to the invited participant/parent. By inviting others, the student authorizes Barnard to discuss the account with them. If we do not have this authorization, we will be unable to discuss the account with anyone other than the student. If you've already registered for SAC, log-in at barnard.afford.com.