The Beyond Barnard Internship Program
The application for the Summer 2022 Beyond Barnard Internship Program is open (CURRENT STUDENTS CAN FIND IT HERE). The deadline is April 8 (5PM Eastern).
The Beyond Barnard Internship Program provides funding and supportive programming for students interning across career fields. Students from all degree fields and majors can apply, and funding is available to support internship opportunities in all industries. As the College's largest year-round internship program, BBIP facilitates funding and support for more than 200 students annually. Designed to offset the costs of pursuing unpaid or low-pay internships, the Program aims to level the financial playing field when it comes to applying for (and securing) internships. Importantly, students are not required to have secured an internship by the time they apply for funding.
BBIP pre-existed the creation of Beyond Barnard (when it was known as the Alumnae Donor Grant Program). Thanks to the generosity of a community of individual donors and philanthropic organizations, the Beyond Barnard Internship Program is 100% funded by external financial support. Since Beyond Barnard's founding in January 2018, more than 800 students have taken advantage of funding through BBIP.
Current students may address questions about BBIP to email@example.com.
- All selected students receive a stipend for their participation ($1,000 for academic semesters; $4,000 for summer)
- Participants in summer have the ability to apply for subsidized campus housing.
- Applicants do not have to secure an internship offer by the time they apply. Selected students have 10 days after decisions are issued to secure their internship.
- Internships require a minimum of 65 hours in the academic semesters and 350 hours in Summer.
- Priority is given to students who have not previously been awarded an internship, though all students from eligible class years are invited to apply.
- Students requesting funding to support research may apply, but these projects are lower priority, given funding restrictions. Please explore the Summer Research Institute for funding opportunities in the sciences, and the Laidlaw Research & Leadership Program about support for research.
Questions about BBIP can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Semester: sophomores, juniors, and seniors only (application deadline: third Friday of class at 5PM Eastern).
- Spring Semester: all students are eligible (application deadline: third Friday of class at 5PM Eastern)
- Summer: first-year students, sophomores, and juniors are eligible (application deadline: April 8, 5PM Eastern)