How can I help earthquake victims in Turkey, Syria, and beyond?
You can donate to a relief group that is providing resources and aid on the ground.
- Bridge to Türkiye Fund is providing immediate assistance with food, water, warmth, and shelter. Donate here.
- Ahbap is a Turkish NGO at the forefront of relief and recovery efforts. Donate here.
- Oxfam has launched an appeal to support the charity’s emergency response on the ground. Donate here.
- Turkish Red Crescent has teamed with Syrian Arab Red Crescent to provide relief on the ground. Donate here.
- Doctors Without Borders in Turkey and Syria - Donate here.
- Turkish Philanthropy Fund (TPF): A NYC-based organization run by the Turkish-American community. Donate here.
- AKUT: Turkey's large search-and-rescue NGO. Recommended by many NGO watch sites, AKUT is also a member of the UN Search & Rescue Advisory Group. Donate here.
- Research Institute on Turkey, a registered 501(c)3 non-profit in New York supported by academics and researchers at Barnard, Columbia, and beyond, is raising funds to be transferred to active and respected relief organizations in Turkey. Donate here.
- Syrian Medical Association is requesting financial donations for supplies. Donate here.
- The White Helmets (Syria Civil Defence), a humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Syrian communities, is accepting financial donations as they search for survivors. Donate here.
You can also contribute care items like blankets, sleeping bags, and personal hygiene supplies.
- Barnard students connected to the CU Turkish Students Association are hosting a drive for items to take to the embassy. They will be collecting items and raising awareness 2/13 in Barnard Hall from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 2/16 in the Diana lobby from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- The urgent needs for donation are: thermal undergarments, power banks, children's clothing, liquid baby food
- The Columbia Turkish Student Association together with CEI will be collecting care items for those impacted by the earthquake in Turkey Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11 and Sunday 2/12 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. in the Altschul Atrium. Please bring new, unused materials. The most urgent need is for blankets, sleeping bags and personal hygiene items. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.