Directing credits include Hir by Taylor Mac at Shakespeare & Company, Jeune Terre by Gabrielle Reisman, New Plays at Barnard; Grounded by George Brant at Dobama Theatre, Cleveland; Elliot, A Soldier's Fugue by Quiara Alegría Hudes at Profile Theatre, Portland, Oregon; Jackie by Elfriede Jelinek at Boom Arts; Promenade by Maria Irene Fornes at Barnard College/Columbia University; Or, by Liz Duffy Adams at Shakespeare & Company; Bingo: scenes of money and death by Edward Bond at Barnard/Columbia; Phaeton: a diggle of a fragment by Mac Wellman at Classic Stage Company; Enter THE NIGHT by Maria Irene Fornes, with Portland Experimental Theatre Ensemble; The Miser by Molière, at Brave New World Rep; Nomads by Julia Jarcho, at Incubator Arts Project; Blown Youth by Dipika Guha, in a co-presentation between New Georges and Barnard; I Came to Look for You on Tuesday by Chiori Miyagawa at La MaMa; The Winter’s Tale at Barnard/Columbia; Day Like Today by Sam Marks with Partial Comfort Productions; The Egg-Layers by Lauren Feldman, New Georges/Barnard; Prison Light by Austin Flint at HERE Arts Center; Stuck at Culture Project/Women Center Stage (with Birgit Huppuch); The Physicists by Dürrenmatt at Barnard/Columbia; Playing in Traffic at Women’s Project; Happy Thoughts by Alexander Wright at Bard College; The Verge by Susan Glaspell with Performance Lab 115 at the Ontological Theater; Caucasian Chalk Circle with PL115 at the Chocolate Factory; What of the Night? by Maria Irene Fornes for Barnard/Columbia; a workshop of the new musical Le Fou by Bekah Brunstetter at New Georges; Sprinkler by Kate Ryan at DirectorFest, produced by the Drama League; The Knights, adapted from Aristophanes by Rob Handel for Target Margin Theater; Alice in War by Steven Bogart for the Summer Play Festival; Women of Trachis by Kate Ryan at the Ohio Theatre in Soho, produced by Target Margin; and A Small Hole by Julia Jarcho at Fringe/NYC.
She has workshopped and directed readings of new plays at Soho Rep, Partial Comfort Productions, Women’s Project, New Georges, Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, New Dramatists, Lark Play Development Center, hotINK, and New Voices Play Festival.
- B.A. Bates College
- M.A. Tisch School of the Arts, New York University
- M.F.A. Columbia University, School of the Arts
- New plays
- Ensemble-based work
- Directing I
- Directing II
- Advanced Directing
- Collaboration: Directing and Design
- Rehearsal and Performance
- First Year Seminar: Classics Over Time
- First Year Seminar: Art, AIDS, Activism
- Drama League Directing Fellow
- Mabou Mines Resident Artist Program/SUITE
- Princess Grace Award
- Princess Grace Special Project Award
- chashama AREA (Accessing Space for the Arts) Award
- Shubert Foundation Stipend, Columbia University
- Amankulor Award, NYU/Tisch
- Mellon Learning Associate, Bates College
- Wingspace Design
- New Georges Affiliated Artist
- Stage Directors and Choreographers Society
- Soho Rep Writer/Director Lab
- Women's Project Directors Lab
- Lincoln Center Directors Lab
New Plays at Barnard seeks to support early-career female playwrights and provide rare hands-on production experience.
Over the past decade, the Barnard curriculum has expanded its global influence by increasing opportunities for faculty and students to gain educational, work, and volunteer experience.
Prof. Reagan writes on Fornés' distinctive aesthetic in a theatre history piece published in American Theatre.